Interested in global health and social justice? We welcome students from every background and major to join our efforts.
Join an Existing Chapter
GlobeMed chapters are led and driven by undergraduate students. If you are a student who wants to get involved in GlobeMed, see if your campus has an existing GlobeMed chapter and contact the chapter to become a member.
Basic Chapter Requirements
- Established as a university-recognized student organization on campus
- Contains a full Executive Board and staff of around 20 – 30 students
- Has a faculty advisor
- Communicates with partner organization on a bi-weekly basis
- Undergoes chapter advising with the Global Headquarters on a bi-weekly basis
- Attends the GlobeMed Leadership Institute and GlobeMed Summit in Evanston, IL
- Submits an annual report at the end of the academic year
GlobeMed Chapter Founders
GlobeMed is currently taking a pause on expanding to new chapters in order to strengthen our strategies and operations. Therefore, we cannot consider your application at this time, and for the foreseeable future.
Please complete this form to receive communication when chapter founder applications re-open.
- A rising sophomore or junior at the time of founding (must be a rising freshman or sophomore during application cycle)
- Enrollment in an undergraduate university
- A commitment to advance GlobeMed’s mission
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to persevere in the face of challenges
- Strong interest in global health